Valentine’s Day has come and gone, can you believe it? I know this sounds crazy but is it possible to have a fun, frugal date without breaking the bank. In fact, it’s actually possible to have fun and frugal date nights on a regular basis too! The key is creativity, thanking outside of the box. Here are some fun ideas to help you have a great date night!
1. Grab Some Skates: Find the nearest park and put on a pair of skates. Skates are actually pretty inexpensive and you’ll have them forever of course, you may want to pick up some knee pads especially if it’s been awhile.
2. Start Cooking: Make each other’s favorite meals and dessert, have fun with it. This can really be fun especially if you can make a day of it and start off with breakfast!
3. Take a Road Trip: Gas prices have made road trips affordable again! Hit Route 66 or simply travel to a few small towns, hit the antique shops and cute cafe’s. This is one of my favorite things to do, you never know what you’ll find.
4. Start a TV Series: I never, ever get to watch TV… unless it’s Downton Abbey night. I watch Downton Abbey. I love it, I can’t wait for it. But other than that, I rarely ever watch TV at all.
5. Find a Band: Go out and find a local band, it’s pretty cheap to do and you’ll feel like you’re in your 20’s again. Unless of course, you feel like you’ve come to the age of not being able to stand loud music in which case this is not a good idea for you. I say that only because I’m not far from that age.
6. Grab the Board Games: Have a night in with some old board games and just your hubby. It’s fun either with or without the kids, if you really want to splurge, you can go pick up your favorite restaurant meals and bring them back home for your date night. That’s something we do a lot around here, grab good food to go!
7. Camping… in the yard: Yep, you can camp out in your own yard. I’m never going to do this, let me be clear, but you could certainly do it. It’s frugal, you’ll have all the camping experience and still be near a bathroom. My kids have done this in the past and it sounds fun, grab some s’mores and go outdoors!
8. Visit a Museum: Find a place in your own city that you haven’t been in awhile and enjoy it. This one is good for the whole family but if you can find a babysitter for the kids, visiting a museum with your spouse is a blast!
9. Walk through the Park at Night: Did you ever do this when you were young? I did! Grab your spouse and go to the park as the sun is setting, it’ll make you feel young again, I promise.
10.Play Video Games: Grab some snacks and hit the games! Let’s face it, you know you love Mario Kart. Have fun with it, get loud and start racing!
Date nights are an important part to a healthy marriage. Have fun with it and think outside the box a bit. Personally, I enjoy working out with my husband. I never in my life thought I’d say that but it’s fun and we challenge one another in a good way. Do something different, you might find something you love!
Life Simply. Save Money. Enjoy Life.
MoneySavingQueen.com | PeaceLoveandSarah.com
FoodAllergyEats.com | ProduceGathering.com